- Over 60 degrees of lock. The most important suspension parameter that everybody is speaking of in drifting is steering lock angle – Wisefab has it! While providing over 60 degrees of lock, this kit is engineered and tested to optimize other parameters that make the difference in handling and performance.
- Higher roll center (RC). Lowering the car would mess up the original factory designed kinematics, especially with MacPherson suspensions. This kit brings the front RC up on a lowered car, providing higher roll stiffness and allowing removal of the front anti roll bar (swaybar) that would be quite difficult to package with the high steering lock angles.
- Revised steering geometry (Ackerman). Factory designed steering geometry is engineered so that all the wheels are rotating around a certain corner's center, which means that during normal driving the inside wheel is steering much more than outside wheel. During drifting the corner's center compared to the car's position is not where factory engineers were assuming it to be and thus the front following wheel creates a massive drag that wears out the front tires and forces the car to spin. For that reason the front wheels need to steer more equally for drifting applications. There isn’t any clear answer how much Ackermann or Anti-Ackerman there should be, but during testing Wisefab has dialed in an Ackerman range suitable for most drivers.
- Good camber control with high steering angles. With high steering angles, the leading wheel will have positive camber, which is not a positive effect. It reduces the front grip and during turn or flick it creates a contact patch transition from inside edge to outside edge. Camber change during steering is caused by a combination of caster and KPI. It is not possible to eliminate camber change, but with Wisefab's geometry it has been decreased as much as possible.
- Steering jacking control. During steering the vehicle's chassis is moving up and down – this is called jacking. Steering jacking is caused by combination of caster, KPI, trail and scrub. On road cars, this effect is used sometimes to balance the car or to help to turn in. During drifting, when steering angle is much bigger, jacking is also bigger, even with the same geometry and it could become a problem. Wisefab's geometry reduces the effects caused by jacking.
- Predictable self-alignment torque. With certain suspension geometries, at high steering angles it is possible that the steering wheel will lock up at the end and the driver needs to apply some force to flip it to other side. It is annoying and risky, especially at high speed. Wisefab has implemented fixes for this into their geometry.
- Other components, packaging and clearance. This kit assumes coilovers to have enough clearance. We recommend that tire diameter does not exceed 620mm (235/40 R17). Wider fenders or fender flares are needed with this kit.
This product is for racing use only! *Image shown may not reflect actual product